Ridgeland Personal Injury Lawyer


Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Mississippi

If you have been negligently harmed by another party, you have the right to bring a legal claim against that party. This is called a personal injury lawsuit. By taking this legal action, you may be able to recover compensation that fully and fairly compensates you for your losses.

Our firm focuses exclusively on victims rights. This allows our law firm to handle a variety of cases for victims and their families throughout Mississippi. We represent victims of car accident injuries and truck accident injuries, as well as:

You can contact us today to receive a free consultation about your case. We will help you determine:

  • Who is at fault for your injuries and damages?
  • Why the party or parties should be held liable?
  • What you can seek to recover?

We can then get to work immediately on establishing your right to be compensated. We can investigate the facts, consult with experts and develop the strongest case possible for the negotiation table or courtroom.

Who is At Fault in Your Personal Injury Case?

Generally speaking, any party can be sued if they cause you harm. This includes a private citizen, professional, corporation or, in some cases, a government entity. Because Mississippi is a “pure comparative negligence” state, the party will only be liable for the percentage of harm they cause.

Here’s an example of how this could work in a case in which you suffer $100,000 in damages:

If only one party is at fault
You can recover all $100,000 from that party.
If one party is 70 percent at fault, and the other 30 percent
You can recover $70,000 from the one party and $30,000 from the other.
You are 30 percent at fault, and the other party 70 percent
The most you could recover is $70,000.
In most cases, you do not seek damages directly from the at-fault party. Instead, you look to that party’s insurance company. However, these insurance companies often try to put blame on you or another party. That’s why it’s crucial to work with an attorney who will do a thorough investigation and seek to establish who is truly at fault in your case.

Why Should the Party be Liable?

In personal injury cases, there are generally three ways a party can be at fault and held liable:

When someone purposely tries to harm you. For instance, a person who assaults you has done an intentional act.
When someone acts with complete disregard for the harm they can cause or for the safety of others such as driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
When someone simply acts carelessly. This can be an act (making an illegal turn) or a failure to act (failing to put on a turn signal).
In some cases, a party can be liable without a specific showing of fault. For instance, in product liability cases, a company can be liable because you were hurt by the company’s defectively designed, produced or labeled product. In other cases, a party can be liable because their violation of a Mississippi or federal law caused you to suffer injuries and other losses.

An attorney from our firm will explore all legal theories in your case. It’s possible that a party may be liable for your injuries and losses based on several different theories.

What Can You Recover?

Every case is different. The facts of your case, the parties involved and, to an extent, the insurance coverage available will determine how much we can recover for you.

In most cases, damages that can be sought if they were directly caused by another party are:

  • Property damage
  • Past and future medical expenses
  • Lost wages
  • Physical pain and suffering
  • Emotional distress
  • Punitive damages.

We will collect medical records, employment records, witness statements and all other evidence that is needed to prove these damages. Experts can play a major role in helping our legal team to assess your past expenses and future costs.

Contact Our Mississippi Personal Injury Lawyers Today

Under Mississippi law, you generally must bring a personal injury claim within three years after you are injured. This makes taking prompt action important if you believe you or a loved one has been unjustly injured by another party.

Get started today by contacting Abdalla Law, PLLC. We will provide you with a free review of your case and help you to understand your rights and legal options.

US News Best Lawyers
Super Lawyers